Version 2: June 2023
- WHO ARE WE?
We are Salefunder Pty Ltd (ACN 646 739 880), Salefunder Operations Pty Ltd (ACN 646 741 826) and Loan Funder Pty Ltd (ACN 605 823 694) of ‘ level 5, 46 Market Street, Sydney CBD, NSW 2000 (“SaleFunder”, “our”, “us” or “we”).
Under this policy we note the following:
‘You/Your ‘refers to our present and future customers and all parties that view and/or are users of our web site.
‘Personal Information’ is any data or view about a particular person who is identifiable.
‘Sensitive information’ is any data or view in relation to an individual. This includes but is not limited to:
- Political perspective; or
- Religious views; or
- Sexual nature; or
- Credit and criminal records; or
- OUR VALUES
We value and respect your privacy and want to be accountable and transparent with you in the way that we collect and use your personal information.
We are committed to protecting any Personal Information in our custody or control.
SaleFunder is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”).
Our current policy’ as detailed is also available on our website and is current as of and from 16 June 2023. This policy is subject to change and will be available for view on our website for your review. Please ensure that this policy is reviewed in conjunction with our standard terms and conditions.
- APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
This policy applies to:
- Our Clients;
- Agents; and
- Third parties.
- Depending on our relationship with you, we may collect and use your information in different ways.
- How we collect your information:
We may collect personal information (including credit information) received from:
- you, voluntarily, when you complete our application form and part-take in the approval process;
- third parties, such as, marketing agencies, credit reference agencies, market research companies, public websites and public agencies, refer to as either “third party sources” or “suppliers” throughout this policy;
- our website, mobile application, Agent portal, via telephone, email or by any other means through which you communicate with us. This includes, for example, any circumstance where you provide your personal information to us in order to receive information or services from us.
- What information we may collect:
We, or third parties on our behalf, may collect, hold and use information from you as required. This information includes, but is not limited to; personal identification information, credit information, customer service information, and other related information that is publicly available, or that has been provided by you. This information will be requested to ensure we are compliant with responsible lending practises under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009. As financiers we are obliged to identify customers to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
- How we use your information:
You expressly agree that your personal information (including credit and credit eligibility information) may be used, provided to, referred, stored and/or accessed by SaleFunder (and our related companies), to our business partners and our referral partners (Partners) or with third parties, for the purpose of:
- recognising you, your preferences, and allows us to customise your experience according to your individual interests;
- taking enquiries, questions or issues from you in relation to our business or services and dealing with such enquiries or issues you may have;
- verifying your identity;
- evaluating your eligibility, including whether it is age appropriate for you to make use of our services;
- assessing your credit risk to determine whether it is appropriate to advance you funds as requested by you;
- evaluating your use of the services provided by us and prepare reports or compile statistics to understand the type of people who use our services, how they use our services and to make our service more intuitive;
- Enabling Partners to market their products and services that may be of your individual interest;
- sending you communications (including SMS, email or post) in relation to our or our supplier’s products or services (including administration messages) and
- ensuring that the services we provide are secure.
For the avoidance of doubt, third parties may include:
- Financial institutions;
- Credit reporting bodies and collection agencies (including report account information, as permitted by law). Please note when we provide information to credit reporting bodies, we authorise them to use that information for the purpose of providing credit reporting services;
- Law enforcement, government agencies, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to SaleFunder; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
We will need your consent to the collection and use of all personal information. This will enable us to provide you with the assistance, information and advice on our products and services, or those related to third parties.
We aim to ensure that all personal information secured for the above reasons are current and accurate. We will contact you from time-to-time to update our database if required.
We will, from time to time, send marketing materials to those who have provided SaleFunder with Personal Information about product and services offered by us or our Partners.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing materials from us, you can contact us by email, or unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of any marketing emails.
Please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preference. Unless otherwise required by law, it may take between 5-10 days to process any email or SMS op-out preferences, and up to 30 days for all other marketing related requests.
Even after you opt-out, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, customer service issues, product-related inquiries, payment inquiries, surveys, or any questions regarding a specific transaction.
Please note that you have the option to interact with us anonymously if desired when visiting our webpage and browsing our products and facilities. This will allow your sensitive information to be protected and inaccessible.
- PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your Personal Information secure by taking reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification, and disclosure. Such reasonable steps include the use of physical, technical, and administrative security measures.
We periodically review our security procedures and consider whether it is appropriate to employ new technology and updated methods. Our current systems and networks are maintained and managed under secured passwords and user identifiers. Access to this data is restricted to authorised employees that handle this information in accordance with their role. Confidentiality agreements are entered into without our relevant third parties, related companies and employees to maintain protection of all personal information.
Only authorised people, who require your Personal Information to perform their job, will be able to see or use that information. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us at any time.
Your rights include:
- Right to access:
subject to any exceptions in the APPs, you have a right to access any personal information (including credit eligibility information) we hold about you. To obtain access to your information, please contact us on the contact information provided;
- Right to update information:
you may request an update and or correction to any of your personal information (including credit information and/or credit eligibility information) which we hold. To update your information, please contact us on the contact information provided;
- Right to stop marketing:
you may ask us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period and in accordance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may refuse requests in certain circumstances, for example if giving access would be unlawful or giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals. If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make. All requests must be made in writing and addressed to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COMPLAINT HANDLING
- (Step 1) Resolution by SaleFunder:
If you have a complaint regarding the management of your Personal Information (including a complaint relating to any failure by us to comply with our obligations under the credit reporting provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or under the Credit Reporting Privacy Code).
Telephone: 1300 001 731
We will provide you with written acknowledgement of your complaint within seven (7) days of receipt. Within 30 days from the receipt of your complaint, we will investigate the circumstances surrounding the complaint and advise you of the steps we have taken to resolve your complaint.
- (Step 2) Resolutions by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 02 9284 9666 ; or